Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Logistics Officer is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
· Implement delegated logistics function portfolio according to plan of action;
· Ensure proper filing of documents;
· Promote and share ideas for improvement of the Logistics function;
· Ensure consistent Warehouse Management, Assets and Inventory Management and Fleet Management system across the country;
· Produce monthly logistics analysis and report of the overall country; Prepare and develop status reports as required by management;
· Conduct capacity building trainings for Logistics and Non Logistics Staff;
· Conduct frequent follow up, supervision and spot checks regarding warehouse and inventory operations of area offices;
· Provide support to field offices in terms of gap filling and technical advice in procurement, warehouse, fleet and asset managements;
· Support in the development of strategic documents for the department;
· Assist the department in procurement related as technical or bid committee member;
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
§ Ensures that procedures outlined in the NRC Asset Management Manual are implemented in NRC Addis Ababa office and all area offices;
§ Ensure proper recording and updating of asset register and ensure the appropriate coding and tags are placed on each item;
§ Responsible for coordinating with the procurement and finance office in identifying all details of assets such as acquisition price, Agresso, reference, PR , PO and GRN number etc. the asset register should be accurate and complete;
§ Responsible for checking in /out NRC owned equipment to authorized staff using the standard NRC procedures and forms outlined in the Asset Management Manual;
§ Schedules and conducts physical count of assets on different locations, projects and sites;
§ Provides a monthly physical count/check where all assets are located and their status confirmed; coordinate with the responsible officer for tracking assets in other offices to ensure the location and status of assets that have moved between offices;
§ Advises colleagues on guidelines of NRC asset and equipment using guidelines;
§ Ensure all lost, damage; stolen (or other) items are properly recorded in with an approved Disposal of Assets form. Ensure any necessary, supplement documentation is completed;
§ Maintain inventories of all NRC premises of the CO conduct quarterly regular checks;
§ Others duties as assigned.
§ Follow the NRC warehouse Policy and Procedures Guidelines in Warehouse Management;
§ Ensure proper implementation of the warehouse operations in accordance with warehouse management policies and procedures of NRC;
§ Ensure proper documentation are kept in dealing with daily warehouse operations ie. GRNs, Stock Release Forms, Waybills;
§ Received the goods as per the description on the purchase order/request. Inspects goods upon delivery and rejects inadequate , broken, lower quality and other items not meeting the requirements of the order;
§ Ensure timely dispatch of materials to area offices in coordination with the Procurement unit;
§ Supervise compliance of area offices in warehouse management systems;
§ Conduct spot checks;
§ Schedule and coordinate midyear and annual inventory for the country office;
§ Other duties as assigned.
§ Ensure that vehicle fleet is managed in line with NRC Vehicle Management policies and local SOPs;
§ Ensure that fleet data on running costs, utilization and recharging is properly recorded and checked performance is analyzed and actions are recommended;
§ Review current fleet management practices, identify gaps and propose to management strengthening systems and tools used in Fleet Management;
§ Responsible to technically recruit, manage and train technicians (mechanics), assistants and drivers for the country;
§ Responsible for dealing with local authorities for vehicles registrations, annual inspection, insurances and accidents claims as well as focal point of NRC road movements planning and management.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
· BA Degree in Supply Chain management, Logistics or equivalent;
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context;
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
· Fluency in English and Amharic Language (Knowledge of other local language is an advantage).
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the fields;
• Ability to work flexibly including extra hours;
• Knowledge of data management system is advantageous.
· Handling insecure environment
· Planning and delivering results
· Empowering and building trust
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Result/output oriented attitude