Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Food Security and Livelihoods Officer is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Role & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the CC Project. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
· Coordinate the FS activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans;
· Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements;
· Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities;
· Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans;
· Coordinate with relevant partners;
· Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures;
· Train and develop team;
· Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required;
· Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities.
Relevant interfaces for this position are:
Generic professional competencies:
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Planning and delivering results
· Empowering and building trust
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Handling insecure environment