Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Admin & Liaison Assistant is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Role & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
· Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
· Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
· Ensure proper filing of documents
· Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
· Ensure smooth running of office administration
· Liaise with different offices for processing of NRC registration/re-registration legal Authentications, visa, work permit and other documents for expatriate staffs.
· Supervise efficient operation in making travel arrangements, book flights and hotel accommodation for visitors and NRC staffs;
· Provide administrative and logistical support in organizing workshops /trainings/ seminars;
· Assess and prepare requests for consumables, sanitary items, stationeries, furniture’s office utilization etc.
· Manage NRC guest house operations
· Facilitation of office building, premises and equipment maintenance and repair;
· Assist in filing, preparing and keeping updated database of all admin. activities and NRC contact list;
· Manage the country office’s lease agreement and contract;
· Supervise the cleanliness and service efficiency of office attendants to the CO;
· Provide technical support and quality check for admin related procurements;
· Process, follow and obtain legal administrative documents such as: visa, work permit, travel authorization including break visas, follow-up of expiry date, renewal etc
· Keep the expatriates administrative files up to date (contracts, passport, photos, visas, driving licences etc)
· Report to the line supervisor the progress of on-going procedures and alert in case of change of legislation as regards government procedures in all related aspects.
· Assist the admin and liaising coordinator in monitoring closely all regulations and policies regarding INGOs especially those coming from the ARRA and Charities office and that affects NRC interest and personnel (international as well as national), supplies (importation and duties) as well as project legal framework (agreement procedures…)
· Advise the Administration and liaison coordinator on importation procedure, car registration and other logistics related issues, prepare and submit the necessary related documentations
· Follow-up and ensure the submission of the governmental reports (type of report, timing, date of submission, addresses) and keep the line manager informed accordingly
· Meet with the representatives of different government offices and other administrative services and often as necessary to obtain documents or solve problems
· Support the admin assistance in travel, accommodation and meeting arrangements
· Substitute the admin assistance on her absence
· Fulfill any other related duties as instructed by supervisor
Relevant interfaces for this position are:
· Area Offices
Generic professional competencies:
· Degree/Diploma in Management or related field of study;
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience from working as a Admin Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Fluency in English and Amharic Languages
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Computer skills (common Microsoft Windows and Office applications)
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Handling insecure environment
· Planning and delivering results
· Empowering and building trust
· Communicating with impact and respect
How to Apply
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net if it is possible attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach to the mentioned address latest by 20th January, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!”
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV