African Bamboo is currently looking for a highly qualified Program Assistant who fulfils the following requirement for one year employment with possibility of extension based on performance.
Position: Program Assistant
Reports to: Executive Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Salary & Benefits: Negotiable and Attractive
Application Deadline: January 19, 2017
African Bamboo (AB) is a forestry, wood and bio-energy Company established in 2012 in Ethiopia and the Netherlands. AB is building a bamboo-processing factory in Hawassa Industrial Park, Ethiopia and is pioneering a new export market and industry segment of high tech flooring and decking materials made from Ethiopian highland bamboo. Our locally sourced and industrially produced bamboo based panel boards aim to substitute rare tropical hardwoods for the most demanding applications. Ethiopian highland bamboo has exceptional characteristics, which makes our finished products extremely durable and steel-strong. After several years of research and development in cooperation with Fraunhofer, a German wood technology institute, AB has innovated and perfected the manufacturing process to meet the most stringent efficiency, safety and environmental standards.
Under close supervision of the Executive Assistant, organize files and handles express delivery by DHL/UPS or EMS
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Sort all papers/files/pictures/videos according to content, dates, significance etc
- Create or update records with new files and information
- Add new material to file records, and create new records as necessary
- Prepare file maintenance guidelines/requirements
- Keep records of materials filed or removed, using logbooks or computers.
- Track materials removed from files in order to ensure that borrowed files are returned.
- Modify and improve filing systems, or implement new filing systems.
- Perform periodic inspections of materials or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition.
- Determine how and where they should be classified or filed.
- Design forms related to filing systems.
- Gather materials to be filed from departments and employees.
- Follow policies and confidentiality dictations to safeguard data and information
- Ensure all documents sent by DHL/UPS or EMS are timely handled and delivered to the intended
- Regularly check the post office to receive documents
Education -BA degree in Business Administration, Management or related or College Diploma or graduate from vocational & Technical school (10+4) in personnel management, Accounting or related field.
Work Experience -Minimum of four years of relevant experience for Diploma or 2 years for BA
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to submit their CVs and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.