Job Title: Regional PMTCT-MNCH/pediatric Advisor (ERs)
Duty Station: Gambella
Required Number: 1
Line Manager: Regional Director
Under the supervision of the Regional Director, the Regional PMTCT/Ped Advisor will provide technical support to PMTCT-MNCH/Pediatric services in the Emerging Regions in line with the plan and implementation strategies of Columbia's HIV care and treatment programs and the local HIV program directions..
Duties and Responsibilities
As lead CU-ICAP Ethiopia pediatric/PMTCT HIV/AIDS clinical advisor, will have the following responsibilities:-
• Provide technical assistance in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of pediatrics/PMTCT HIV/AIDS project for ICAP supported Regional Health Bureaus and facilities.
• Provide Updated orientation to ICAP and RHBs staff in areas related to pediatrics/PMTCT services.
• In Collaboration with the RHBs, avail different guidelines, working formats, monitoring and evaluation indicators related to Pediatric HIV and PMTCT.
• Take the lead in developing mentorship and service quality assurance guidelines and procedures to the RHBs and ICAP-Ethiopia pediatrics/PMTCT team.
• In collaboration with CU-ICAP regional offices, Provide on-site mentorship, case presentations, and lectures on pediatric HIV and PMTCT to the ICAP Ethiopia supported health facilities. The expert will spend approximately 50-60% of his time providing site-level implementation assistance to CU-ICAP supported ART sites.
• Take an active role in targeted evaluations of PMTCT/ pediatrics HIV related projects
• Participate in issues that needs the input of different experts work in the organization
• Assist in the preparation of the Regional annual plan and budget as well as quarterly plans prepares monthly and quarterly activity reports
•At least five years related experience.
•Good recommendation from a previous immediate supervisor.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates associates, other department directors and managers and external bodies.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skill
• Experience in clinical mentorship.
• Experience in pediatric HIV and PMTCT in general and Ethiopian programs in particular