Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the WASH Project Officer - Engineer is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
The purpose of a Core Competency (CC) Technical Officer position is to contribute with specific technical competences to project implementation. This position will normally not entail management responsibility of staff, but under certain circumstances the job may entail management responsibility for a very limited number of staff at assistant level. These circumstances can either be related to a time-bound support or permanent but in scope limited administrative support.. If supervision of technical or a wider range of staff is needed, the position of Team Leader is to be used.
· Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards;
· Ensure compliance with CC strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards;
· CC specific technical responsibility for implementation of technical activities of CC project(s);
· CC specific technical responsibility for tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of CC project(s);
· CC specific technical responsibility for the quality control and monitoring of project activities;
· CC specific technical responsibility for project documentation of technical activities of CC project(s);
· Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums;
· Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options;
· Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
· Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
· Project planning: CC Coordinator
· Area operations: Logistics and Finance
· Staff capacity building: CC Specialists, HR Development Officer
· Implementation: CC Coordinator & Specialists, local authority, community and partners.
Generic professional competencies:
· Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Knowledge of the context in which the organization operates
· Knowledge of the local language (Somali) – as an advantage
· Planning and delivering results
· Working with people
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Handling insecure environments
How to Apply
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net if it is possible attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach to the mentioned address latest by 24th January, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!”
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV