INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Off-Farm/Non –Farm Income Officer
January 10, 2017
Vacancy No. 001/17
No of Positions: 2
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Objective: The Off-Farm/Non-Farm Income Officer is responsible for leading the implementation of the DFAP off- farm/non-farm livelihood activities and building partnerships in order to promote an enabling environment for the promotion of market based, off-farm IGAs as well as contribute to government’s program strategies, innovations and learning in the related areas. The position holder will conduct feasibility analysis of various off-farm livelihood activities in targeted woredas, analyzes institutional mechanisms to support the poor and engages with various stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Program Design and Implementation:
· Identify and promote off-farm/non-farm IGAs and improve the enabling environment for project target HHs and business partners;
· Support the incorporation and application of appropriate strategies in Off Farm/Non-farm IGA design and implementation;
Analysis and Learning
· Design specific action plans for the implementation of the IGA strategy;
· Document and share existing experiences, practices and lessons of CARE Ethiopia and other partner programs in relation to the promotion of IGAs;
· Organizes training and delivers or arranges for the delivery of training on Off-Farm/Non-farm IGAs for target HHs:
· Oversees the scheduling and delivery of training to Food Security Task Forces and Cooperative Promotion Offices to build local level capacity in service delivery and oversight and management of IGA/livelihoods interventions;
BA in Business development, Finance, Livelihoods, Rural Development or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
5 years’ experience working on livelihoods, income generation, and rural development projects.
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, adaptability, stress tolerance, innovation, building partnership, communicating with impact, coaching, facilitating change, developing teams, information monitoring, planning and organizing, leading through vision and value.
The salary for this position is negotiable and the duty station is CARE Ethiopia East and West Hararghe Field Offices The deadline for applications is 10 days from the date of advertisement and this is a temporary position for about 8 moths with possibility of extension.