INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Finance Service Officer
January 11, 2017
Vacancy No. 002/17
No of Positions: 2
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Objective: The purpose of the Financial Services Officer is to implement the DFAP activities in the target communities related to finance, business and market development and expansion. She/he will be responsible for understanding market-driven approaches to entrepreneurship, business development, financial services, and marketing. S/he will be responsible for internalizing and applying the guidance, approaches, strategies and tools established by the leadership team in relation to market development, access to financial services, and business development. She/he will be required to work alongside other team members to implement established tools and approaches in order to assist households to access financial services and expand marketing opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
· Guides the implementation of field activities related to market-driven financial services and business development, promoting access to enhanced financial services;
· Develops deep understanding of ‘market systems strengthening, including relationship building, communicating, entrepreneurialism/business understanding and innovating;
· Become intimately familiar with all aspects of the relevant market systems, including key actors (VSLAs, SACCOs, MFIs, Banks, input suppliers, producers, traders, warehouses, transporters, financiers, intermediary and terminal markets); governance frameworks (formal and informal); and all support markets and functions;
· Identify areas for capacity building in market strengthening, including for partners, staff, stakeholders and business actors; support identification and coordinate appropriate capacity-building measures;
· Provide systematic support to partners and staff in application of the market strengthening approach throughout program implementation, including co-implementing and co-facilitating activity implementation;
Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
· Conduct, support and document market assessments that are relevant for the objectives and approach of the DFAP program;
· Actively participate in regular team planning and review meetings; identify follow-up activities based on learning and findings from previous activities and implementation;
Coordinate, represent and networking
· Represent CARE among all key market actors, including businesses, MFIs, other financial service providers, government and community stakeholders;
· Coordinate and create linkages among business actors and business stakeholders, including government offices, MFIs and other finance service providers, in support of sound implementation of the market strengthening facilitation approach;
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
· BSc in Business, Finance, Financial Services, Marketing or related field
· Or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Five years proven technical experience in finance, financial services and marketing in rural areas
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, adaptability, stress tolerance, innovation, building partnership, communicating with impact, analytical ability, initiating action, interpersonal skills, developing teams, decision making, information monitoring, facilitating change, proactive problem solving, planning & organizing.
The salary for this position is negotiable and the duty station is CARE Ethiopia East and West Hararghe Field Offices. The deadline for applications is 10 days from the date of advertisement and this is a temporary position for about 8 moths with possibility of extension.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV