CHAI Ethiopia carries out a wide range of programs to support the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia in improving the health status of the Ethiopian people, by ensuring access to and quality of health services. We are committed to increasing our effectiveness through an innovative programming approach that optimizes quality, impact and scale. Being the largest CHAI field office worldwide, we currently employ over 140 staff working in the following 8 programs: The Ethiopian Hospital Management Initiative (EHMI), Drug Access, Laboratory Services, Vaccines , MNCH, Sustainable Health Financing, Nutrition and Child Survival
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision and guidance of the country Director, the Senior Program Manager will provide both management and technical support to the Vaccines Program to ensure that Cold-Chain and Vaccine Management, New Vaccine Introduction, and immunization program planning and execution (ISPE) projects are executed effectively. The Senior Program Manager will support the new vaccine introduction activities related to BMGF grant and cold chain and vaccine management system strengthening related to ELMA and BMGF SLC projects. The Senior Program Manager will also manage the administrative requirements associated with the vaccine project grants, specifically in the areas of reporting, budget management, and operational plan tracking.
I. Duties and responsibilities
Program management and strategic vision
· Provide strategic and technical leadership for vaccine program as agreed with the Ministry of Health
· Drive internal strategic planning and budgeting processes related to the Vaccines work streams and oversee project performance against work plans and budget;
· Oversee the implementation of the Vaccines program work plans including planning, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting;
· Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed;
· Provide strategic orientations for future program development
· Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices
· Take responsibility for effective documentation and file management within the programs;
· Build and manage the vaccines team on a day to day basis, supporting staff to ensure optimal delivery. This includes the need to:
· Manage cold chain and vaccine management improvement activities.
· Manage and report on data collected within the field, collected during vaccine management trainings and supportive supervision. Create update report, improvement plans and grant reports based on field experience.
· Lead pilot activities for maintenance activities, and develop recommendations for the Ministry of Health based on pilot results and data generated
· Support the development of strategies and operational plans for vaccines introduction in coordination with the FMOH and partners, including the development of new vaccine introduction plans and strategies to address weaknesses or challenges in the immunization program,
· Follow all procurement for vaccine management and cold-chain and ensure shipment processing and distribution planning is efficient and timely
· Lead internal M&E activities, such as CHAI’s documentation of lessons learnt, and evaluations of new vaccine introduction, and support Federal Ministry of Health M&E activities, as needed.
· Promote effective coordination within the global Vaccines program and with other CHAI Ethiopia programs
· Ensure effective communication with the CHAI Country leadership and with vaccine teams globally
EPI and Partner relationships
· Work with the Management Team to develop and maintain strong working relationships with government, stakeholders and partners, ensuring national ownership, sustainability and uptake of key programmatic interventions,
· Serve as primary point person to the national EPI program. Support the FMOH Task Force, and serve as a member, to oversee the Cold Chain and Vaccine Management Project. Serve on National Vaccine introduction committees, such as human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine introduction, as well as other relevant working groups and/or task-forces, as the need arises
· Play a major role in writing programmatic reports and engaging with the FMOH or expert panel and partners
· Build and maintain strong relationships with CHAI donors as a strategic partnership
· Working closely with the CHAI Global Vaccines Team to enlist support, capture and disseminate emerging best practices and ensure alignment with global standards
· Perform any other activities, assigned by the Deputy Country Director and Country Director.
I. Minimum Qualifications:
II. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
III. Additional Qualifications which come as an advantage:
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV