INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Project Team Leader
January 13, 2017
Vacancy No. 022/17
Position: One (1)
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with the poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Objective: The purpose of the Project Team Leader (PTL) position is to provide overall leadership, coordination and supervision of developmental interventions and staff in the Woreda. S/he ensures Government and CARE’s project implementation; monitoring, evaluation guidelines and plans are followed to effectively contribute to the achievement of project results and CARE's strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Facilitates and ensures that the plan at woreda/PA/village level is prepared with full participation of the community and partners;
· Ensures that planning and implementation of the project activities are in accordance with the program principles, approaches, and procedures of the organization;
· Ensures targeting for project beneficiaries are made in participatory manner and coordinate implementation of therapeutic feeding program and target supplementary feeding program;
· Make sure that CMAM nurses have their plans broken down to annual, quarterly and weekly basis and same is done by other staff members;
· Supports the development of woreda and zone level plan including the activities of health, nutrition and food security projects as being the integral part of the overall woreda and zone plan;
· Ensures that the project’s capacity building activities are implemented in line with the felt need and demand of the users and address the set objectives;
· Supports and coordinates needs assessment, at Zone woreda partners, PA and village level community institutions, for the capacity building in relation to the projects implementation strategies, methodologies, and activities;
· Organizes and facilitates joint participatory monitoring programs with the woreda partners and community groups, both technical and management bodies, document lessons and provide feedback to the project office;
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women
BSc Degree in Health science, Agricultural extension, or other related fields
Three (3) years’ experience in community participatory project implementation or related activities.
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, building partnerships, stress tolerance, building commitment, coaching, interpersonal skill, operational decision-making, planning and organizing, information monitoring:
The salary for this position is $906 and the duty station is CARE Ethiopia Afar Field Office The deadline for applications is 10 days from the date of advertisement and this is a temporary position for about 10 moths with possibility of extension.
How to Apply
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page) to HR.ETHJobs@care.org
· Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
· Only short listed candidates will be contacted for assessment. No Phone call please
· When you apply, please clearly indicate the position and vacancy number on the subject line of your email application
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV