The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day general coordination and management of the development and production of communications materials for visibility of AAE in the country and outside for fundraising and awareness creation purposes.
Key responsibilities include:
· Designs and produces brochure, quarterly newsletter and monthly updates, calendars, posters, banners and other publications and films of ActionAid Ethiopia
· Participates in and oversee the editing, designing and printing of annual reports and other publications
· Facilitates the national and international media coverage of the organization’s unique development deeds
· Facilitates the contract and direct regular radio broadcasts for advocacy, awareness raising of people living in poverty and publicising unique organizational deeds
· Manages the generation of documentary films depicting AAE’s works for wider sharing
· Supports knowledge management, documentation of best practices and share them for learning and scaling up.
· Provides advice on the overall strategic direction for internal and external Communications products of ActionAid Ethiopia.
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in communication and journalism, or related fields
· Minimum of 8 year relevant experience preferably working with non-government organizations.
· Should be an individual with a background, experience, qualification in and acquaintance with report and story writing, compiling, editing and graphic design (InDesign)
· Have excellent skill in English.
· High articulation and analytical skills, ability to deliver reports on time and with the required standard.