Vétérinaires Sans Frontières – Suisse (VSF-Suisse) is a development-oriented, politically and religiously neutral non-profit international non-governmental organization (INGO) headquartered in Berne, Switzerland. Activities range from emergency relief to long-term development, with projects in Togo Mali, South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia.
VSF-Suisse envisions having healthy people live and derive their livelihoods from healthy livestock in a sustainable, healthy and peaceful environment.
VSF-Suisse began work in Ethiopia in 2010 as a Foreign Charity, implementing resilience-building, disaster-risk reduction, animal-health and nutrition-sensitive humanitarian interventions. Linking agricultural and livestock interventions to community-based nutrition has been a flagship activity of the organization (and of the Ethiopia Programme in particular). In this regard, results from shorter-term emergency interventions have demonstrated longer-term nutritional impacts, and many of the organization’s projects have consequently been extended and scaled up.
The Nutrition officer will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of planned activities related to Nutrition in the project targeted areas of VSF-Suisse. The Nutrition officer ensures that relevant local government organizations and communities are actively involved in the identification, planning, implementation and monitoring of those Nutrition related activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
· Support Project manager in providing technical assistance, tracking implementation progress facilitating trainings and workshops related to Nutrition, conducting needs assessments.
· Ensure the implementation of the Nutrition sensitive activities defined by the project
· Schedule activities according to the project’s implementation plan; Assess and update project needs (financial, logistics); follow the project’s advancement by regular visits;
· Identify and anticipate problems or constraints related to the Nutrition activity implementation and propose solutions or improvements for better performance of the project;
· Organize and ensure the documentation of every Nutrition activities,
· Strengthen the existing partnerships with relevant governmental authorities, consortium partners and other stakeholders.
· Attend relevant meetings with line offices, partners and prepare relevant notes for files, meeting minutes, and action points, write weekly activity reports and transmit them to the PM
· Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
· B.Sc. in Nutrition, health or related field with 3 years of relevant experience in implementing of nutrition sensitive and specific interventions.
· Good knowledge and application of optimal IYCF interventions.
· Strong knowledge of operational planning, budget planning and management, monitoring and evaluation and report writing, ability to plan and organize work to meet individual, team and programme objective, training and facilitation skill, ability to effectively liaise with government, NGOs, community leaders and other stakeholders.
· Fosters working in teams & team work spirit, very good knowledge and practice of computer application.
· Fluency in English and Somali is required; knowledge of other working languages is a plus.
· Proficient Microsoft Office user, good communication skill in both electronic and printed media.Good report writing skill is mandatory
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV