INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Grant, Contract and Budget Specialist
February 7, 2017
Position: One (2)
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with the poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Objective: The purpose of the Grants, Contracts & Budget Specialist’s Position is to manage Country Office grants/contracts and budget, Manage Sub-grantee advance and settlement, Responsible for preparing reports for donors, counterparts, Management, Auditors, external and internal users, and actively participate in Country Office budget proposal preparation:
Responsibilities and Tasks
· To manage Country Office grants/contracts and budget, Manage Sub-grantee advance and settlement,
· Responsible for preparing reports for donors, counterparts, Management, Auditors, external and internal users, and actively participate in Country Office budget proposal preparation:
· Replies for donor inquiries regarding grants /contracts, private restricted and unrestricted funding issues;
· Keep separate documentation files for Grants/Contract agreements and ensure that all necessary documents /correspondences relating to contract are properly filed;
· Request for fund transfers from different funding sources and follow up for the timely collection.
· He/She to provide support in Program Development and Financial Analysis in Program Department and actively participate in managing Budgets, Contracts and Grants at the Head Office level, and technical assistance to field offices as appropriate.
· Assists the Program Department staff and actively participates in the preparation of annual budget. Assists program staff in periodic budget review, and preparation of budget amendments when necessary; Ensure portfolio analysis done on timely basis.
· Produces financial, management and donor specific reports with accompanying schedules on a regular basis to different stakeholders as per specific donor requirement;
· Facilitates internal and external audit undertakings.
· Ensure that expenditures are in accordance with the financial policies and guidelines of CARE Ethiopia and that of donors;
· Review and check for the availability of sufficient budget for disbursement requests submitted by different units and field offices as per CARE Ethiopia’s policies and procedures;
· Review Sub-grant financial reports/documents, prepare sub grant analysis & process the required journal entries and follow up of sub grant advance settlement.
· He/She ensures partners are managed and monitored in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· He/She provides technical assistance to "sub-grantees" both NGO partners in sub-grant financial and administrative management as required.
· Keeps up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples and ensure ongoing personal development and learning;
· Ensures the communication of finance policies and procedures within the organization, with partners and other stakeholders.
BA degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
6 years of previous experience in a similar position
Diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, analytical skill, building commitment, stress tolerance, collaboration, contributing to team success, customer focus and information monitoring.
The salary for this position is USD808 and the duty station is CARE Ethiopia, Head Office (Addis Ababa). The deadline for applications is 10 days from the date of advertisement and this is a regular position.