Employee Position Summary
This position is more of a technical position in IMC field office, and the position holder will work under the direction and support of Emergency Health response coordinator. The position holder is responsible to planning and implementation of emergency health response intervention of International Medical Corps designed in East Hararghe zone. He/she also participate in disease detection and response, provide training, follow up of early warning, outbreak investigation and laboratory sample collection, regular data collection, mapping of project sites in terms of occurrence of epidemics, facilitate training and orientation of HEWs, HDAs and community mobilization. She/He will represent IMC in any emergency health outbreak response and prevention meetings organized at woreda level.
Essential Job Duties and responsibilities/Scope of Work:
Program Implementation, logistics and budget management
· Implement emergency health response project interventions i.e. training for HEWs, orientation for HDAs and community members, provision of drugs and medical supplies, sanitation and hygiene promotion and ensuring safe water supply for Households. Support HEWs in cascading orientation to HDAs and community.
· Planning, implementation and follow up of emergency health response project activities in the assigned woreda from the beginning to the project close out stages.
· Provide technical support of technical staffs at woreda, health center and health post level
· Participate and support in strengthening regular outbreak response on outbreak status, compile, analyze and interpret data and submit to field base office regularly.
· Ensure all training, performance monitoring at all levels by adhering to standard manuals and procedures.
· Prepare work plan based on the project agreement for the woreda and ensure the implementation of each planned activities.
· Make regular follow up at the health center and health post to provide technical support.
· Work with integration with other sectors i.e. Health, Nutrition and WaSH officers at the woreda.
Reporting and M/E
· Regularly collect information and data from Health centers and health posts and submit monthly project updates and regular progress reports to field office.
· Represent the organization during emergency health technical meetings at woreda level.
· BSC in Public health officer or Nursing.
· Five years relevant and practical work experience of which at least 1 years in NGO.
· Experience in clinical management of communicable diseases, outbreak investigation and management, early warning, preparation of emergency preparedness and response plan and support for RRT at all levels.
· Excellent on the job training facilitation experience and skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Extremely flexible with ability to cope with stressful situations and challenging conditions with limited resources
· Must be able to write technical reports in English and meet reporting deadlines.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV