The Senior Project Officer under research for humanitarian context (R2HC) project to address child marriage in emergencies is a key team member of International Medical Corps, and will oversee the overall day to day activities of the project interventions in Kobe refugee camp. The senior project officer will work under the direct supervision of the Dollo GBV program manager, The Project Officer will be based in Boqolmayo sub-office and will travel frequently to Kobe refugee camp to lead project activities for refugee adolescent girls. He/She will lead planning, implementation and monitoring of activities to ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are met in a timely and effective manner. The approach of this project implementation is participatory, and will work with International Medical Corps sectors GBV and M&E to ensure that a positive team spirit is fostered for quality programming.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: COORDINATION/COLLABORATION
Individual Guiding Principles
Ensure the project beneficiaries are safe at all times; their wishes and dignity respected, their individual information and experiences kept confidential and never discriminate any beneficiary
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Bachelor degree in sociology, Nursing or Public health with two year NGO experience
· Diploma health related field and 3 years experiences in NGO
· Experience in Sexual Gender Based Violence and Sexual reproductive health services.
· Experience in providing and facilitating of training
· Experience working with refugee communities.
· Previous experience living in a hardship environment;
· Fluency in English is required
· Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English. Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office, Email and other computer applications
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV