Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Logistics and Admin Coordinator is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Logistics and Admin Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and delivery of an efficient and effective logistics and admin service in Dollo Ado area. This includes implementing, monitoring and following-up across all logistics and admin disciplines to ensure that NRC standard policies and best practices are adhered to. The role will provide leadership, technical support and capacity building to the area logistics and admin staff. S/He is expected to take initiatives and provide guidance, support and services on all matters relating to the organization’s logistics and admin in order to support the achievements of NRC objectives.
· Ensure adherence to Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements;
· Maintain a high quality procurement system, which is accountable, transparent and compliant with NRC Procurement Policy and donor requirements;
· Coordinate the timely preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects, establishing deadlines and monitoring implementation;
· Coordinate the proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes including organization of Request for Quotation, Invitation to Bid, receipt and evaluation of quotations/bids, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with policies and procedures;
· Undertake supply and service provider pre-qualification, conduct market research, identify and recommend legitimate local suppliers or contractors through systematic evaluation and maintaining a database of potential and active suppliers/contractors;
· Coordinate the maintenance of data on local supply sources' and overall performance, (competitive pricing, product quality and timely delivery) of suppliers/contractors;
· Be responsible for assessment of training and development needs, planning and implementation of capacity building efforts on procurement, storage and fleet;
· Guide the implementation of the internal control system which ensures that PRs are accurately prepared, Purchase Orders/contract are duly prepared, dispatched, scheduled and delivery are well organized and documented;
· Carry out periodic exercise of risk assessment for the supply/procurement/contracting process to determine high-risk areas and put in place control instruments;
· Ensure procurement records are kept and filed appropriately from authorized request to end users;
· Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods;
· Coordinate the overall management of the area transport fleet and ensure response to programme needs are in line with NRC policies and procedures;
· Ensure that the procedure for completing travel plans are in place and maintained on a weekly basis, coordinating and communicating the same in a timely fashion;
· Ensure safe operation of the fleet through driver selection and training, quality maintenance to include preventive routine checks and regular service and establishing/enforcing fleet operating procedures;
· Monitor and ensure daily checks/preventive maintenance checks and log books are carried out and ensure that drivers follow the system consistently;
· Ensure vehicle service schedules are respected and proper, timely and high quality maintenance is done by service providing garage;
· Manage fuelling of fleet and fuel contracts ensuring regular fuel consumption test is carried out;
· Ensure that all vehicles are parked in a safe and secure location after working hours in all NRC work locations;
· Ensure security of fleet keys and ensure drivers and other authorized user follows key sign in and out procedures;
· Review fleet management related issues regularly and advise support manager as appropriate;
· Prepare and submit regular reports including monthly fleet reports, break downs, accidents, fuel usage, fleet KPIs;
· Continually improve transport systems, policies and procedures, and identify existing problems, challenges and recommend improvement measures/plans.
Warehouses and Stock Management:
· Continuous improvement of the organizational image through ensuring proper office lay out and outlook;
· Ensuring that reception services are provided in such a fashion that visitors are provided with a warm welcome and that their needs are swiftly attended to;
· Make certain that there that an adequate stock of break tea and cleaning supplies and materials is maintained whilst ensuring that break tea is provided to a high standard of quality and hygiene;
· Ensuring that all the field office utility bills, guest house and warehouse rents are paid on time;
· Setting up systems and procedures to ensure the safety of all NRC property including fire safety, availability of first aid and general safety management;
· Coordinate the adequate provision of and management the security guards for the Offices and warehouse;
· Ensuring that office buildings are maintained and repaired as necessary.
Performance and Professional Development Management
· Ensuring that work is planned and organized, that staff are given appropriate workloads and are clear about what is expected of them (e.g. by writing job descriptions, setting performance objective and goals, holding task planning meetings etc.);
· Supporting staff in order to enable them to give of their best e.g. by encouraging and praising good performance, coaching, assisting staff to prevent or resolve problems, taking firm action in the face of poor performance etc.
· Line manage and supervise the Logistics Officers in Dollo Ado;
· Develop and implement a training and capacity building plan for procurement, transport and stores staff;
· Regularly visit field locations and provide logistics and admin staff with onsite support;
· Carry out induction for new staff;
· Raise awareness on NRC policies and procedures to relevant staff, Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption etc.
1. Generic professional competencies for this position:
· MA Procurement & Supply Management, Management or related fields
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Ability to organize and prioritize work;
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
· Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
· Fluency in both spoken and written English.
2. Behavioral competencies
· Handling insecure environment;
· Planning and delivering results;
· Empowering and building trust;
· Communicating with impact and respect;
· Working with people;
· Coping with change.
How to Apply
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no (if it is possible attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach to the mentioned address latest by 22nd February, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!”
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV