Purpose of the Position
The position holder is responsible for maintaining accurate financial records; preparing and entering all financial data in the accounting system. She/he also verifies all source documents for proper approval and documentation and provides support to the financial function of WAE in all aspects of financial control and financial reporting. Prepare financial expenditure reports to external stakeholders (including government and donors in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure all relevant financial compliance and audit requirements are adhered to while ensuring all financial data is accurately reflected in the system and reconciles fully to the general ledger.
1. Processing Sub offices, Partners and Adjustment record in GAS
· Ensure equity and inclusion is mainstreamed or incorporated in all activities/ plans
· Reviewing of monthly sub office and partner record, prepare the vision upload template and enter to the system
· Ensuring that the record follows 30:70 guideline for the sub office as well as for the partners
· Record and upload all partner and sub office transfer
· Ensure the proper inclusion of T5 codes in posting of restricted funds
· Prepare JV for any kind of adjustments and upload to the system
· Participate actively and assist the Finance Manager during monthly financial report preparations
2. Cash and bank management
3. Reconciliation, Reporting & Budgeting
4. Financial Preparation of Donor Reports
5. Monitoring and Technical support
6. Procurement committee Member
7. Support audit process.
Job/ Person Specifications
§ BA Degree in accounting with minimum of five years relevant experience,
§ Appropriate knowledge in accounting,
§ Computer literate preferably in accounting software especially knowledge of SUN System and Vision executive,
§ NGO experience is an advantage
§ Good communication and report writing skills
§ Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
§ Good interpersonal skills and team player with sensitivity to cultural diversity
§ Ability to work under pressure
§ Ability to act in a professional and ethical manner.
§ Firm belief in teamwork and gender equality and sensitivity to HIV/AIDS.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV