Junior MIS Expert
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement 08/2017
GIZ-Sustainable Training and Education Programme
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors.
GIZ’ sustainable training and education programme (STEP) supports the Ethiopian government to improve the quality of Education and implementing reform programmes. GIZ has been contributing to the higher education reform since 2005.
The higher education management information system (HEMIS) project is designed to make Ministry of Education (MoE) an efficient implementation of reforms and drive information system base educational policy making. There is a need for improved access to information from the HEIs to various decision making levels in the higher education sub-sector including the Ministries of Education and Science and Technology as well as ESC and HERQA.
GIZ STEP is looking to recruit a Higher Education Management Information System (HEMIS) Expert as per detail below.
Position: Junior MIS Expert
Place of Work: STEP office at Ministry of Education/Ethernet office in Addis Ababa
Application deadline: February 23, 2017
Required Candidate: One
· Coordinate and support the conceptualization and implementation of the higher education management information system (HEMIS)
· Technical support on system conceptualization, development and management of higher education management information system (HEMIS) in particular with respect to business processes
· Facilitate a multi-stakeholder approach to make use of information extracted from HEMIS
· Facilitate the benchmarking of HEMIS and advise on good practices
· Coordinate with IoT and University management to collect data
· Conceptualize, prepare and implement workshops, seminars, training and other events that help in capacitating partner staff and structures
· Facilitate the work of consultants and partners for implementing HEMIS
· Any similar tasks as may be assigned by the manager
Required qualification and competencies
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in related fields to MIS, Information Technology, Information System or Business Information Management Systems
· At least 3 years of professional work experience in consulting development cooperation projects and/or Management Information Systems in Ethiopia working with the Ethiopian government or government agencies
· Proven work experience on project management, managing high level national and international projects with a direct work connection with experts on MIS and Information Technology
· Proven knowledge of Ethiopia’s higher education system
· Excellent in written and oral English and Amharic
· Strong report writing and communication skills
· Able to drive results and meet timelines
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV