· Ensures field accounting reports are submitted on time and complete.
· Reviews field accounting reports, including Cash and Bank Transaction Journals, Cash and Bank Reconciliations and Bank Statement ensuring correctness and completeness of the records.
· Prepares monitors and analyses monthly financial reports including cost point data entry and submits them for review to Finance Manager.
· Ensures that all entries are properly documented and all transactions are backed up with complete required documentation that is properly dated and signed.
· Maintains bank and cash transaction journal and informs finance manager and cashier of daily balances.
· Prepares check request vouchers and payment vouchers ensuring that all supporting documents are completed before payment.
· Allocate expenses to various grants as per policy.
· Prepares and sends to Finance Manager weekly cash request and monthly plan of cash requirement.
· Assists with audits and checking internal controls of field sites by regular visits to be arranged with Finance Manager and FAD.
· Responsible for custody of cash in the office and cash disbursements. Makes sure that backup documentation for cash disbursements is duly approved and on file prior to making cash payments.
· Assist Finance Manager with finance information related to field assets and inventory list.
· Assists with office administration functions including scanning, faxing, photocopying, etc.Other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor
· Bachelor Degree in Business Management or Accounting with 2 years work experience in financial management and/or accounting and as Field Finance Officer is encouraged to apply.
· Diploma in Accounting with minimum of 4 years’ experience
Holders of a professional certification like ACCA, CPA etc are preferred.
· Active knowledge of English language writing and speaking
· Proficiency in Cost point financial software, MS Excel and MS Word as well as good grasp on Internet and email communication.
· Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.