1: Based the above stated implementation time frame, the following are the expected deliverable from consultants,
- Conducting planning meeting with Hirna Base ACF delegate and survey team,
- Conducting a four days theoretical and practical training for survey team, including supervisors, team leader and enumerators and for government representatives,
- Entirely adapting with the requirement of anthropometry and retrospective mortality SMART methodology, including data collection structured questionnaires (individuals, household and community related questionnaires) and statistical packages (ENA 2015 version, Epi info and others), applying SMART methodology checklist, and others,
- Conducting the nutritional and mortality survey according to the approved survey proposal, including following approved sampling methodology and sample sizes and providing field based supervision of survey team as per the proposed data quality activities,
- Presenting a final de-briefing sessions to Addis Ababa based nutrition technical advisers,
- Submitting a comprehensive final survey report as outlined below within maximum of three days after receiving feedback on the preliminary report.
1.1. Final survey report outline
- Executive summary
- Table of Contents
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- Table of Acronyms
- 1. Introduction
1.1. Background of the Survey
1.2. General and specific Objectives
1.3. Objectives of the survey
1.4. Scope of the Survey
2. Survey Methodology
2.1. Survey Method Design
2.2. Sampling Design
2.3. Data Collection Techniques Design
2.4. Data Quality Management Design
2.5. Data Interpretation and Presentation Design
2.6. Definition of Terms
3. Background to the Survey Woredas
3.1. Geographical and Administrative
3.2. Demographic and socio-Economic and other relevant background information about Anchar Woreda,
4. Result of the survey
4.1 (Nutrition, mortality, Children’s morbidity , Vaccination Results , Programme coverage , IYCF, WASH and Food Security and Livelihood)
2: The consultant should conduct the SMART survey with adhering the national 2008 interim guideline and others international accepted protocols; including applying the following tools/procedures:
- Using ENA SMART software, version 2015 for survey planning (sample sizes calculation, cluster identification), data entry and coding. And all information production will be based on the identified standard indicators and cut-off points,
- Using standardized and translated in local language questionnaires for individual, households and community related data collection,
- Update the daily progress using ENA template to ACF key staffs including nutrition technical adviser/or deputy nutrition tech adviser and field coordinator and integrate guidance accordingly,
In addition to the above, the consultant will be responsible for managing the entire process of the SMART surveys including conducting training for survey team, data collection, entry, and analysis and report compilation.
3: To estimate the prevalence of global and severe acute malnutrition amongst children aged 6 – 59 months.
- To estimate the prevalence of global and severe chronic malnutrition amongst children aged 6 – 59 months.
- To determine retrospective crude mortality rates (CMR) and under five mortality rates (U5MR) and entire population.
- To estimate the retrospective two weeks morbidity rate of children 6-59 months.
- To estimate the coverage of measles vaccination (9-59 months) and Vitamin A supplementation status among children aged 6-59 months.
- To assess the contextual factors associated with nutrition situation in the Woreda
- In addition, the survey will include identifying and revealing communities’ copying mechanisms for food related stress, source of cash income and the impact of crises on community livelihood by conducting different qualitative community assessment including FDGs and key informant interviews.
Qualification/Level of studies: The consultant should have the following expected experience:
- Intense experiences in conducting Nutrition surveys as per SMART methodology,
- Appropriate knowledge and experience on nutrition with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing nutrition interventions and survey,
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV