Purpose of the Position
The main purpose of the job is to provide overall leadership to the Burie regional WA team, facilitate, coordinate and administer all aspects of the program planning, organizing, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of program activities with Woreda and town administration as well as local communities. It is entrusted with ensuring efficient and cost effective operations of all functions of the program (sector support-influencing, service delivery, capacity building, learning and documentation) towards the fulfillment of the strategic objectives of the organization. The post-holder will also provide sufficient level of representation for WAE in regional, Wareda and other forums of interest at the regional level.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan the delivery of the program with its budgets and activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization and the signed agreement;
· Develop an annual budget and operation plan to support the program;
· Assess the strengths of the program and identify areas for improvement;
· Take part in the development of funding proposals for the program in line with the government and WA WASH strategies to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
· Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization;
· Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant guidelines and professional standards;
· Develop forms and records to document program activities and learning in line with the existing PME system;
Lead the Program Implementation:
· Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards;
· Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback;
· Communicate with local government and other stakeholders to catalyze change that will support to improve program outcomes;
· Liaise with local government and other stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery;
· Coordinate the comprehensive delivery of program components ( service delivery demonstration, capacity building, advocacy and influencing; documentation and learning) to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Control the Program:
· Write reports on the program for management and for donors;
· Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget;
· Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures;
· Monitor cash flow and report variance to the head office on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly);
· Manage project expenditures according to established accounting policies and procedures;
· Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date;
· Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for donors are prepared as outlined in donor agreements;
· Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks;
· Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an evaluation according to the organization PME system;
· Ensure that demonstrations and service deliveries are packaged and disseminated to inform regional and national level policies and strategies;
· Ensure that the WASH sector policies and strategies are popularized to Local government
WASH Sector Strengthening:
· Critically analyses of the WASH and related blockages at Woreda level;
· Provide support to strengthen the WASH sector;
· Champion the programmatic approach in the Woreda for its success, package and document for others to learn and influence;
· Provide the necessary technical support to key WASH and related structures in the Woreda and town;
· Promote Woreda Wide programmatic approach in the Woreda, Zone and Region.
· Support the strengthening of the GO-NGO forum in line with the Team Charter;
· Organize a dialogue forum for WASH stakeholders.
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of program management;
· Knowledge of polices, strategies and stakeholders related to the program;
· Proficiency in the use of computers ( MS word, Excel, Power Point, e-mail, Internet);
· Good written and spoken English language; (Speaking the local language is an advantage).
Personal Characteristics / Skills:
The Regional WASH Specialist should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
· Behave ethically;
· Build relationship;
· Communicate effectively;
· Creativity / Innovation;
· Focus on stakeholder needs;
· Foster teamwork;
· Leading ability;
· Decision/s making;
· Problem solving.