Ensures (execute or supervise) in project the daily logistics activities and the maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
Supply Administration and procedures
· Supervise the storekeeper, casual labours and other logistics related staff performing their works ensuring that they have the necessary knowledge and materials for.
· Ensures a smooth running of supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures. In particular:
· Compile supply reports according to data analysis and submit to the Field Logistician every month end.
· Analyze the database of standard items and to compare it periodically with items regularly ordered.
· Is responsible for the supply database and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation and guarantees the availability and the coherence of supply data.
Maintenance and construction
· Monitor maintenance activities of infrastructures and management of non-medical equipment according to MSF standards
· Ensure the check and follow-up of facilities (office compound, residences ...) under the line manager supervision.
· Carrying out regular visits to the facilities, reporting any anomalies or problems to the line manager.
· Check and maintain the waste management
Security and safety
· Checking that premises observe safety and security norms (fire extinguishers present, electrical installations earthed, etc.) and take the necessary actions when improvements are needed.
· Ensure surveillance and guarding activities in all MSF facilities and premises are correctly implemented.
· Create a safe, secure and clean work and living environment.
· Check and ensure the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, drinking water, electrical, walls, ceilings... and security conditions.
· Ensure ethical behaviour of all in MSF grounds – staff, daily workers, service providers, suppliers, visitors.
· Ensure that the handymen/daily workers implement their tasks and duties according to their assignments.
· In case of changes/works in the MSF premises (Base), be responsible of the budget and follow up the works e.g. contracting the appropriate service providers/ daily workers
Materials and equipment
· Ensures together with the line manager and mechanics proper functioning, required checks and maintenance activities of energy equipment, electrical installations, pumps , generators, airco, office equipment, plumbing and water distribution, drainage, sanitation according to MSF standards
· Monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical machines/devices
· Ensures correct maintenance of the cold chain
· Follow-up the use and maintenance of watsan/shelter material
Communication and IT
· Responsible for the correct functioning of the communication systems: correct installation and maintenance of radio, email, …
· Ensures the monthly backup and maintenance of project computers including virus definition updates.
· Supervision of the radio room
Transport, Drivers and mechanics team management.
· Planning and tracking of the movements
· Supervise, motivate and train all drivers to ensure:
· Adherence to all MSF driving rules and regulations
· Proper treatment of their vehicles and damage prevention
· Performance of daily and weekly vehicle checks
· Cleaning of Vehicles and basic maintenance
· Planning of cars and drivers schedule.
Coordinate and lead the logistics team under his/her responsibility,
(Daily workers or fixed employees):
· Defining each person’s tasks, supervising them on a daily basis and checking the quality of their work (punctuality, rigour, quality, etc.).
· Evaluations of employees
· Drawing up working schedules for logistics teams for each department or facility.
· Organising and leading meetings of the team under his supervision.
· Participating in the recruitment of personnel for his team.
· Essential Secondary Education and Formal Technical Training
· Minimum 2 years previous experience in Logistics
· Minimum 2 years of experience in MSF, desirable
· Mission language essential, local language desirable.
· Essential Computer Literacy (word, excel, power point)
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV