Job Title: Adult HIV Care and Treatment & TB/HIV Advisor (RHBs)
Duty Station Addis Ababa
Immediate Supervisor Central Techinical Department Director
Under the guidance of Central Technical Director, the Adult HIV Care and Treatment & TB/HIV Advisor (RHBs) will support the design and implementation of comprehensive, family centered, and quality HIV & TB/HIV programs at 7 ICAP-CU supported regions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
As advisor of Adult HIV Care and Treatment & TB/HIV Advisor (RHBs), the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
· Provide technical assistance at national level in the implementation of Adult HIV Care and Treatment & TB/HIV services
· Provide technical assistance to the FMOH in developing/updating different guidelines, working formats, job aids ,client education materials and monitoring and evaluation tools
· In collaboration with FMOH, organize and provide/facilitate TOTin Adult HIV Care and Treatment & TB/HIV services for RHB, zonal and facility staff
· Provide technical assistance to FMOH in the implementation of the national transition plan
· Prepare the unit annual work plan with targeted benchmark indicators and evaluate them quarterly
· Harmonize annual, semi-annual, quarterly and monthly plan with other departments
· Support the Development/revision of RHB’s operational plan based on the regional strategic plans
· Support the revision of the RHB’s SOP
· Participate in the regional HIV care and treatment working group activities
· Participate in the regional offices monthly performance review meetings
· Support the RHBs in the development and adaption/adoption of client education materials and provider support tools
· Support the RHBs in preparation of continuation application (CA)
· Participate in joint supportive supervision with RHBs and hospital based mentors
· Support capacity building of staffs in the health care system at Regional and Zonal level
· Provide technical assistance in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Adult HIV Care and Treatment & TB/HIV programs of ICAP supported Regional Health Bureaus
· Support RHBs to ensure the implementation of Adult HIV Care and Treatment & TB/HIV minimum package in ICAP supported heath networks
· Supports RHBs in in coordinating hospital based mentorship activities
· Provide mentorship and supervision to our ROs at least for 3 weeks per month
· Support capacity building of RHBs and zonal staffs on Adult HIV Care and Treatment & TB/HIV services to facilitate mentoring of site level health care workers
· Take an active role in targeted evaluations of Adult/Adolescent HIV Care& TB/HIV related projects.
· Represent ICAP-Ethiopia in different forums when assigned by the supervisor
· Review RHBs monthly ACT & TB/HIV performance and provide feedback
· Ensure that all ACT & TB/HIV related targets are met
· Present and participate actively in monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual ICAP’s performance review meetings.
· Compile and submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity reports
· Ensure that ACT and TB/HIV SOCs are regularly analyzed by RHB team
· Perform others duties assigned by the supervisor
· Physician and specialist of Internal Medicine with minimum of 3-4 years’ experience as internist, including care and treatment of HIV/AIDS clients.
· Experience in HIV program technical coordination
· Experience in teaching, mentoring, organizing and conducting training.
· Experience in development of national documents related to HIV/AIDS Programs
· Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills
· Proficiency in written and spoken English
· Computer skills (MS Office and statistical packages).
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV