INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Institutional Capacity Strengthening Advisor
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Date: February 16, 2017
Vacancy No. 046/17
No of positions; 1 (one)
Type of Employment- Regular
Duty base: Addis Ababa
Dead Line: 10 days from the date of advertisement
Objective: The institutional capacity strengthening advisor will take a technical lead on all CARE DFAP effort to develop and build the implementation capacity of PSNP implementing institutions. S/he works to systematically identify institutional capacity gaps, in collaboration with other DFAP advisors, field office staffs and project partners. The position holder plays key role in the development of short and long term capacity building plan in the operational Regions, Zones and woredas.
Roles and Responsibilities
Provide technical assistance for institutional strengthening (planning and implementation)
· Lead the design and implementation of institutional capacity strengthening, partnership and accountability mechanisms of the project;
· Provide quality technical support to DFAP field offices and government counter parts;
· Participates in DFAP detailed implementation planning (DIP), and annual reviews, to ensure that systematic relationships are identified and nurtured; and proper capacity building components for key institutional gaps are planned for throughout the life of the project;
· Establish all necessary relationships with partners and government to ensure that major capacity gaps are systematically identified and addressed removed in a way that can facilitate mutual respect and ownership/buy-in for evidence based and sound practices and lessons.
Partnership and accountability
· Ensures productive relationships are established and maintained with all consortium partners, governmental and non-governmental organizations at all levels and with expert institutions;
· Continuously monitor the ‘heart beat’ of strategic partners (including the beneficiaries of the project) and devise mechanisms to ensure feedbacks feed into accountability of all institutions horizontally and vertically;
Learning, documentation and sharing
· Identify, record and share lessons on program processes, practices and results with internal staffs, consortium partners and other stakeholders;
· Organize opportunities and forums for experience sharing and learning;
Leadership and representation
· Contribute to transparent, participatory, supportive and accountable management and decision making processes;
· Actively participate and support programmatic coordination and synergy;
MA/MSC in Social Science or related fields
5-7 years of work experience related to partnership and/or accountability; out of which 2-3 years in public relations and other similar role
C) Competencies: CARE core values (respect, accountability, courage, and excellence), building partnerships, and managing performance for success, initiating action, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, pro-active problem solving and organizing, good temperament and good sense of humor.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV