INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Institutional Strengthening Officer
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Date: February 16, 2017
Vacancy No. 047/17
Salary: 713 USD
No of positions; 2 (Two)
Type of Employment- Regular
Duty base: East and West Hararghe FOs
Dead Line: 10 days from the date of advertisement
Objective: The Institutional strengthening officer directly reports to the DFAP project manager and will lead all DFAP efforts at field office level on both internal and PSNP implementing organizations’ institutional strengthening component. S/he closely works with DFAP team, woreda and zonal PSNP implementing institutions and provides technical leadership to systematically identify institutional capacity gaps, capacity development planning and implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
Provide technical assistance for institutional strengthening (planning and implementation)
· Establishes all necessary relationships with stakeholders including concerned government sectors to ensure that major capacity gaps are systematically identified;
· Provides quality technical support to PSNP institutions and project participants in institutional capacity strengthening planning;
· Leads the design and implementation of institutional capacity strengthening, partnership and accountability mechanisms of the project at FO level;
Partnership and accountability
· Ensures productive relationships are established and maintained with all consortium partners, governmental and non-governmental organizations at all levels;
· Identifies wherever partnership agreement/ Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) should be signed and lead the process;
Learning, documentation and sharing
· Identifies, record and share lessons on program processes, practices and results with internal staffs and PSNP institution;
· Organizes opportunities and forums for experience sharing and learning;
Leadership and representation
· Actively participates and support programmatic coordination to enhance synergy;
· Contributes to cohesive team spirit among staff and partners, while ensuring the achievement of the program objectives;
· Represents CARE and other consortium partners on zonal and woreda government coordination meetings at different levels as delegated by the PM or POM;
Required: BA/BSc in Social Sciences or related fields
Preferred: MSc in institutional capacity building
Required: 3-4 years of work experience related to institutional capacity development, partnership and/or accountability.
Desired: Interdisciplinary experience in programs of different nature and previous work experience on PSNP, food security program, DFAP, agriculture extension is a plus.
D) Competencies: CARE core values (respect, accountability, courage, and excellence), building partnerships, and managing performance for success, initiating action, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, pro-active problem solving and organizing, good temperament and good sense of humor.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV