· Define storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material. This will be done according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
· Coordinate the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
· Checks drugs and equipment upon their reception to the pharmacy.
· Ensures that all drugs have files and stock cards according to the protocols.
· Ensuring the proper disposal of drugs and medicines according to MSF Safety standards and waste management protocols, and to national and international legislation.
· Supervise orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
· Supervise the supply patterns of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
· Ensure efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitor and analyse orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
· Supervise, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
· Report on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
· Records all items received and issued in computer (Isystock)
· Assist in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
· Essential, degree of pharmacy management (could also be a nurse with pharmacy experience or education)
· At least 1 year certified work experience as a pharmacy supervisor.
· Essential mission and local language
· Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
· Able to coach and supervise
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV