Title: Senior Operations Team Leader
Location: Dimma- Gambella
Contract duration: 6 months
Posting date: January 9, 2017
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world, including Ethiopia. DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation and post-conflict recovery.
DRC commenced work in Ethiopia in 2009 and currently provides expertise in shelter, WASH, livelihoods, protection and migration in the Gambella, Somali and Tigray regions of the country, as well as in Djibouti. Activities implemented by DRC are funded by money raised from the Danish public and by project grants from the Danish government and other bilateral and multi-lateral donors.DRC Ethiopia supports field offices in several locations - three in Djibouti (Djibouti Ville, Ali Sabieh and Obock) and five in Ethiopia (Dolo Ado, Jijiga, Shire, Gambella town and Dimma).
DRC’s operation in Gambella regional state currently makes up the largest portion of the Ethiopia/Djibouti program’s activities in both programmatic and monetary terms. DRC’s work in Gambella is focused on responding to the mass refugee influx into that region from South Sudan. Ethiopia is the largest recipient of South Sudanese refugees, which now numbers over 250,000 persons in Gambella, a significant majority of which are women and children.
DRC started operating in Dimma in February 2015, implementing a Child Protection in Emergency Program. The Dimma Field office currently has more than 20 staff members and the office is expected to grow as DRC may expand its operation into other sectors in Okugo Camp. Its sectoral interventions in 2016 in Dimma are Child Protection, SGBV, Youth Empowerment Livelihoods and Shelter programs.
POSITION’S OVERALL OBJECTIVES
In order to lead DRC’s support and operations functions (Finance, Administration and Logistic) in Dimma Field Office and Okugo Camp, DRC needs a qualified national staff with senior level experience in field operations and administrative management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Administration & Financial Management
· Ensure operational compliance and efficiency of the administrative, financial, logistical and IT functions within the Field Office and supervisory line management responsibility of the assigned staff;
· Ensure that DRC standards and procedures are followed as per DRC Operations Handbook;
· Ensure maintenance of accurate and comprehensive files in relation to all administrative and financial matters concerning inputs, outputs, materials, suppliers and other relevant and related documentation;
· Ensure appropriate financial reporting on all project activities, in cooperation with the Area Manager and DRC finance and administration staff at Addis and Gambella field office level.
· Mentor and build capacity of staff in these departments.
· Ensure that DRC Office/Residential compound is maintained, operational and safe.
· Undertake Human Resource functions including recruitment, disciplinary matters and leave planning in coordination with the HR in Gambella and Addis.
· Ensure compliance with DRC HR policy and adherence to the DRC Ethiopia HR Manual in line with the respective labor laws of Ethiopia;
· Supervise and line manage the Finance and Administration Officer
The Operations Team Leader will report directly to the Field Coordinator based Dimma. In addition, the Employee is expected to coordinate and work closely with sector managers, and technical advisory staff and liaise with Finance/Admin, HR, and Logistics & IT Units in Gambella and at Country Office level.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.dk under vacancies no later than January 22, 2017.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit. It is DRC policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to gender, race, national, clan or tribal origin, religion, age, sex, origin or ancestry, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled individual.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV